Stay Well. These words have ended every one of our GHReat Tips for Health emails over the past year.
To us, staying well means maintaining a holistic perspective across our physical, mental, medical, and spiritual well-being. It is about finding balance in our lives.
As the COVID-19 vaccines become more available throughout the United States and we move into a new phase of dealing with this virus, keeping a Stay Well outlook on life is more important than ever.
So, here are our Top Ten Suggestions for Staying Well in 2021:
- Don't be afraid to make that doctor’s appointment. Catch up on your physicals, procedures and check-ups.
- Don’t forget your dentist. Get back in the habit of regular dental check-ups.
- Reach out to mental health professionals and support groups to help deal with stress, grief, fears, and concerns.
- Stay aware. Continue to stay up-to-date and follow local safety restrictions and guidelines.
- Find moderation. Refocus yourself on exercise, healthier habits, and cutting back where needed.
- Stay connected. The last year has seen an increase in virtual reunions with distant family members and friends. Keep the connections going.
- Reconnect safely with friends and neighbors, start rebuilding your personal network.
- Get outside, go for a walk, have a picnic, enjoy the sunshine; reconnect with nature, it’s good for you.
- Live for today but plan for your future. Set goals, save money, study hard, learn new skills.
- Keep giving back. 2020 saw an increase in support and contributions to local, regional, and national causes and charities. Let’s keep it going.
Thank you for all you do for your friends, your co-workers, your families, and your community. Just don’t forget about yourself.
And, as always, stay well.